Racing onto the scene in 2013, we are Toronto's independent urban running specialty store. We take pride in knowing our customers and creating a fun environment for all of Toronto’s running community.
Our staff is our biggest strength. We are running gear experts who are passionate about helping runners of all levels. We take pride in offering a fun, educational work environment for our team and an amazing customer experience. Daily shifts are full of challenges, triumphs, creativity, and getting to try on some really cool shoes. At BlackToe, we support each other and we support the running community!
As a Full-time Store Manager at our King Street West location (95 Bathurst), you will lead the team by example to create a culture that prioritizes a positive customer experience and superior product knowledge. You will ensure consistent sales delivery, operational standards, and team development. You should be an expert multitasker with a keen eye for detail, and the ability to independently and creatively resolve any issues that may arise. You must be passionate about running and Toronto’s vibrant running community, and genuinely excited about helping our employees and customers at BlackToe. We pride ourselves on our repeat customers, and you’ll have an opportunity to help foster many lasting relationships.
Yes - this is me!
- An experienced runner!
- Friendly, empathetic, and patient
- Understand the importance of proper running shoe fit
- A passionate gear nerd
- Someone who truly enjoys helping others
- A skilled and motivated leader
- A creative problem solver
- An organized, observant self-starter with a keen eye for detail, who takes pride and ownership in the look/ feel/ operation of the physical store.
- Experience in Retail and/or Management
- I am available to work full time hours, including weekends
- Coach, motivate and energize the sales staff
- Continually develop product knowledge across the sales team (and self)
- Delegate daily tasks to appropriate personnel
- Supervise sales and ensure appropriate cross-sales and up-selling
- Ensure the BlackToe Fit Process is followed consistently
- Ensure a high level of service is provided across all customer channels including in person and via phone, email, and social media
- Review and action all items in the Customer Request Log (CRL) on a daily basis
- Resolve any customer complaints that may arise
- Ensure retail area is stocked to an appropriate level and representative of seasonal products
- Receive and store products promptly after all deliveries
- Manage inventory accuracy by proper completion of exchanges/returns
- Take lead on timely submission of defective returns
Store Maintenance & Operations:
- Ensure that the store’s physical appearance is kept up to a high standard at all times, by initiating and maintaining creative, sales targeted, and visually pleasing merchandising of display windows and store fixtures.
- Pro-actively work to keep the store consistently organized, tidy, clean and fully stocked with necessary supplies, as well as identify when furniture, fixtures or equipment are in need of repair or replacement.
Our team is a close-knit group with a shared passion for running and supporting the local run community. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please contact Syd at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter!