With our small team of run experts, we operate the best independently owned run specialty store in Toronto! If you want to be part of an amazing learning opportunity, we are looking for a Clerk to work behind the scenes, and to help us facilitate our growing ecommerce business. You must be an eager and hardworking person who is able to carefully prepare and pack orders to ship out to our online customers, as well as manage our stockroom, including the receipt, care, and stocking of product in store. Counting counts in this job, as well as presentation.
If you can confidently answer "Yes!" to the following questions, then we may have the perfect job for you!
- Do you have an eye for visual presentation?
- Do you pride yourself on your gift-wrapping ability?
- Do you have nice handwriting and/or neat printing?
- Do you love order, organization, alphabetization, and standardization? Everything in its place?
- Do you have very good manual dexterity for detailed tasks that involve a lot of fine motor control? (i.e. the opposite of being "all thumbs")?
- Do you fold your clothes in neat squares and rectangles to fit the drawers/shelves?
- Do you feel more comfortable when you have made everything clean and tidy?
- Are you skilled/accurate at counting, and basic math? Thorough and complete?
- Are you always looking to become faster and more efficient at a task, without sacrificing quality and standards?
- Do you mind doing physical tasks that may get your hands a little dirty and keep you moving? (Lifting boxes, cleaning, etc.)
- Do you have a strong work ethic and feel great satisfaction from seeing tangible results?
This position is part time (approximately 3-4 hours/ day, 5 days per week). It is split between our two store locations, BlackToe King West, and BlackToe Midtown. Schedule/ Hours may vary. Opportunity for expansion of hours if desired.
Preparing and packaging online orders for shipping or for pick-up in-store, to meet high quality and specific standards.
Counting and documenting received product, stocking and organizing inventory in stockrooms.
Keeping product and packaging clean, neat and customer ready. Keeping product organized in stock rooms. Restocking retail store on daily basis. Counting and flagging high or low inventory levels.
- Minimum High School Diploma/ GED required
- Self-starter and does not require supervision
- Eager to learn and develop skills
- Organized with a natural inclination for attention to detail… “Retail is Detail”!
- Highly observant
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Exemplary mathematical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) with a focus on data accuracy/ consistency and process
- Experience with Shopify online system an asset
- Experience in Shipping, Receiving, and/or Inventory Control an asset.
- Able to lift 50 lbs without restriction
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Hourly Wage to be commensurate with market rates and experience. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org