Runners believe in establishing a strong base. That emphasis on building from the inside out carries over to the layering strategy: It all starts with a warm and wicking foundation. The waffle pattern on this Merino wool layer traps air against the skin to increase insulation, while also allowing heat to escape as the effort increases.
Merino is an ideal insulating material for a base layer thanks to its natural versatility: It not only insulates, but also regulates temperature and wicks sweat. However, as the temperature dips a few tweaks can ensure better protection from the harshest elements. Our Waffle Layer uses a blend of high-performing Merino wool and recycled polyester to deliver the temperature regulating and odor-resistant qualities of wool with the wicking and reliability of polyester.
- Featuring a gridded texture, the fabric naturally traps and releases body heat to regulate temperature.
- This rugged Merino wool blend regulates temperature, wicks moisture, and resists odor, even after multiple wears without washing.
- The Fells Waffle features a relaxed fit. It can be layered over a race day top as a warm-up, worn on its own for a long run, but can also be layered under a jacket on the coldest days of the year.
- Fabric: 54% Merino / 46% Recycled Polyester, 265gsm, 17.5 micron
- Product Care: Machine Wash Cold with Like Colors, Do Not Bleach, Lay Flat to Dry